Byron Bay would have to be one of the most beautiful and relaxed places I have ever been. There is just something in the air when you visit that allows you to destress, relax and reset.
I have been visiting this town for eleven years now and I still find new gorgeous cafes or divine little shops. So, I have decided to create a list of the things you must see and do when visiting Byron. Each place is hyperlinked, so just click on the name to go directly to their website.
- The Farm
This place was amazing. Not only is the food to die for but there is so much to see and the view is stunning! There are numerous animals, a playground, small shop and did I mention the scrumptious food!
3. Wategos Beach is breathtaking. The water was so clear and it is nestled in between two rock cliffs. Stunning! Just a heads up that parking is limited, so I would suggest heading down early.
4. The lighthouse. Of course the iconic Byron lighthouse is a must see! There is a beautiful walk you can do right up to the lighthouse and then right down to the most easterly point. However, with the kids in tow and feeling extremely inactive, we just drove to the carpark and opted for the shorter walk. Sunrise and sunset at the lighthouse is definitely my recommendation.
5. Snorkelling at Julian Rocks! Breathtaking. I did this a few years ago and boy was it an experience. I saw numerous turtles, fish and a mantra ray. Safe to say as everyone was trying to catch a glimpse or follow the mantra ray, I was swimming my little heart out to get as far away from that thing as I could! It was huge. There was just something about stillness of snorkelling and it definitely put things in perceptive for me – little fish in a big ocean kinda thing! It’s definitely a must.
6. Shopping! The amount of beautiful little shops that Byron have continues to blow me away with every visit. Here are a few of my favourites but I am sure I’ve probably missed a few – Hope and May, Arnhem, Folk Byron Bay, The Beach People, Auguste The Label, Tigerlily, Spell, Nikau and Paper Aeroplane.
7. Talking about shopping, the markets are on the first Sunday of every month. I love the uniqueness of the markets and of course the food! Foodie.
8. Stand up paddling boarding is also a lot of fun. Paddling around the rocks is just gorgeous and of course the view!
9. Hire a bike and cruise around. There is so much to see and do just outside of Byron too! Minyon Falls, Crystal Castle, rainforest walks, more shopping and horse riding.