This week we decided to have a little fun with flour. I did this once with my Prep students and they loved it, so I thought why not try it out on my own kids for a little afternoon fun (anything to get through witching hour right)
My advice, do it outside! It’s messy but a whole lot of fun.
We used one bag of flour, a sifter and a few bowls. Once the kids had, had enough I gave them two cups of water and then added a few drops of food colouring. They had a ball. I loved watching Layla pour the flour from one bowl to another and then mix it with her hands. Oh and of course when she tried to eat it!
I also put some yummy treats on the table incase the bakers got hungry!
Layla played with the flour in this bowl forever! Who thought flour could be so fun.
Parker worked out that if he clapped his hands it made dust. Safe to say after that we ended up with flour e v e r y w h e r e. But the look on his face was well and truly worth it!
If you decide to try this activity I would love to see it. Feel free to send me a DM on the gram or tag me in your story.
Something that I have found that helps keep me organised during the week is planning out my meals. If my meals are all planned for the week it generally means I only need to do one big shopping trip and then I only need to head to the corner store for milk and bread. Less grocery shopping trips, especially with the kids is always a win!
Planning my meals also means we are less likely to have take away during the week, I feel more organised and I know we are eating healthy balanced meals.
So, I thought I would create a simple weekly meal planner template for you to use. Simply just click the link below, print it out weekly or laminate it and reuse it week after week.
If you decide to use this I would love to see it in action or for you to let me know over on my Instagram page @onemums_style
Big love x
Styling kids birthday parties is one of my favourite things to do! I love it. When coming up with the theme for Layla’s I wanted it to be elegant, dreamy and floral. White and blush being the main tones with a splash of black, for something different.
This gorgeous cart from Enchanted Party Hire was definitely the main attraction. Perfect place for the cake to sit as well as all the yummy goodies. For 20% off at Enchanted Party Hire just enter – ONEMUMSSTYLE20 at the checkout.
I loved this little space that I created especially for the birthday girl. A special seat just for her! I bought the cake topper and name script from Shartruese simply elegant and the balloon from The Pop Up Party Co which just made this space pop.
I wanted the kids to have a little space where they could sit and enjoy their cake, as well as feel important and special with their own little personalised bag from Cotton Gift Co as well as mask, lollies and play dough.
Mirror swan cake topper from TLeaf Collections 10% off using code ONEMUMSSTYLE
Chocolates, drink stickers and straw flags from Print and Party 20% off using code ONEMUMSSTYLE20
Cake stands from Enchanted Party Hire 20% off using code ONEMUMSSTYLE2
Cart from Enchanted Party Hire 20% off using code ONEMUMSSTYLE20
Swan Soriee art work from Pink Pom Pom Kids
Balloon Garland from Oh My Party 25% off all DIY balloon garlands using code HBDLAYLA
Swan biscuits from Little Bisckut
Layla is one mirror plaque from TLeaf Collections 10% off using code ONEMUMSSTYLE
Cotton Gift Bags from Cotton Gift Co
Foil number one balloon from The Pop Up Party Co 20% off all balloon orders using code LAYLAISONE
Laylas Top Knot from Mae and Rae 20% off using code ONEMUMSSTYLE20
Laylas romper from Tea Princess Aust
Wooden Cake topper and script name from Shartuese 20% off using code
Floral placemats from Kmart
Lolly jar from Kmart
Glass milk bottles from Kmart
Glass flower jars from Target
Green vine used on balloon from Kmart
Roses from Aldi
Cakes created by me. If your making cakes yourself, pre made icing is your best friend!
Swan masks created by me. I used glitter paper from Spotlight and white paper straw. I found a template for a swan on Google.
Palettes found on a building site and painted but you can get them for free from Bunnings
Wooden highchair found on GumTree and painted white
Byron Bay would have to be one of the most beautiful and relaxed places I have ever been. There is just something in the air when you visit that allows you to destress, relax and reset.
I have been visiting this town for eleven years now and I still find new gorgeous cafes or divine little shops. So, I have decided to create a list of the things you must see and do when visiting Byron. Each place is hyperlinked, so just click on the name to go directly to their website.
3. Wategos Beach is breathtaking. The water was so clear and it is nestled in between two rock cliffs. Stunning! Just a heads up that parking is limited, so I would suggest heading down early.
4. The lighthouse. Of course the iconic Byron lighthouse is a must see! There is a beautiful walk you can do right up to the lighthouse and then right down to the most easterly point. However, with the kids in tow and feeling extremely inactive, we just drove to the carpark and opted for the shorter walk. Sunrise and sunset at the lighthouse is definitely my recommendation.
5. Snorkelling at Julian Rocks! Breathtaking. I did this a few years ago and boy was it an experience. I saw numerous turtles, fish and a mantra ray. Safe to say as everyone was trying to catch a glimpse or follow the mantra ray, I was swimming my little heart out to get as far away from that thing as I could! It was huge. There was just something about stillness of snorkelling and it definitely put things in perceptive for me – little fish in a big ocean kinda thing! It’s definitely a must.
6. Shopping! The amount of beautiful little shops that Byron have continues to blow me away with every visit. Here are a few of my favourites but I am sure I’ve probably missed a few – Hope and May, Arnhem, Folk Byron Bay, The Beach People, Auguste The Label, Tigerlily, Spell, Nikau and Paper Aeroplane.
7. Talking about shopping, the markets are on the first Sunday of every month. I love the uniqueness of the markets and of course the food! Foodie.
8. Stand up paddling boarding is also a lot of fun. Paddling around the rocks is just gorgeous and of course the view!
9. Hire a bike and cruise around. There is so much to see and do just outside of Byron too! Minyon Falls, Crystal Castle, rainforest walks, more shopping and horse riding.
– Ensure your fridge and pantry are full of organic and natural healthy foods
– Pop nutrious snack everywhere. Desk, car, bag. This will help you avoid the temptation of stopping in to your local cafe or fast food store to grab something when your feeling peckish, say at 3 or 4pm.
– Steer clear of packaged foods. Try to do meal prep one morning or afternoon a week. I make little bags for juicing, granola, pesto and veggie bowls every Monday morning when Layla naps. This way I know its done for the week and it keeps me on track for those days when I can’t be bothered preparing anything or have to have something on the run.
– Last tip is to look after your gut! One way to do this is by eating fermented foods daily. This is as simple as having a probiotic, adding apple cider vinegar to your meals or popping some in a glass of water. This makes sure the your guy is strong and helps extract maximum nutrition from your foods. Bonus!
Organisation is the key. Once its becomes a habit it so much easier to stick to!
Some of the best foods to cleanse your body
Ginger. It is perfect for the digestive system. It removes gas and helps with bloating! Perfect to add to your smoothies or juices.
Vinegar. I have apple cider vinegar every morning in a warm glass of water before I drink or eat anything else (yes even coffee!!) You can also had it to salad. It’s perfect for gut health and is anti inflammatory.
Cinnamon. I love cinnamon. I put it on my roasted veggies, in smoothies and on my oats. It lowers cholesterol, sugar levels and helps fight viruses and not to mention its yummy!
Probiotics. I love probiotics and have been having them regularly in many forms for over a year now. They have so many benefits. Help energy levels, healthier skin, support immunity, destroy bad bacteria and balance our digestive system. I get my probiotics from kombucha, kefir, a supplement and yoghurt drink.
Berries. I have berries daily and why not. They are delicious, easy to source and have so many health benefits. They are full of antioxidants which help with mood as well as reduce inflammation. They are full of fibre which helps remove toxins. I add berries to my smoothies and on my oats.
Just a few foods you can have daily to help cleanse your body.